Jan 14, 2018

plants update, Tortang Alamang, Cocina Peruvia

Since my husband was on his regular Sunday bike me time and my son went to work for an overtime, I decided to go to mass at 8:30 am. I find it solemn and cooler at this time of the day. Next Sunday nga uli. I proceeded to the wet market afterwards. When I got home, I cleaned my fresh produce, tucked them away in the freezer and did the laundry. I then started cooking Pork Sinigang(for dinner), Torta Alamang and Ginataang Sigarilyas for lunch. Yes, I was on a roll. I even had my breakfast at almost 11 am. Hay, sinabi ko ngang iiwasan ko na mag-multi task eh. Haha. 

Tortang Alamang(tiny shrimps) in progress...



though it looks like a burned pancake, Torta was delicious daw according to my hubby. best paired with suka (with garlic and pepper or chili)

I discovered I have a Calamansi growing in my garden. I was so happy! I didn't even know that it was a Calamansi plant, I just transferred it to a pot one day thinking it was an Atis tree. 



Flowering plants are beginning to bloom again. I think they're loving the average 23 degree weather too...

yellow bell
mini roses
sampaguita
My husband wants to watch Star Wars again so we proceeded to Vertis North by 6:30 pm only to find out that it's not shown there. He doesn't want to go to the adjacent Trinoma mall so we ended up eating here at Cocina for dinner.

Peruvian food on our table...

appetizer Seafood Ceviche P290 (it's like Kilawin in Filipino food, too sour for me)

Lomo Saltado P450.00

Paella inspired Seafood rice Arroz con Mariscos P450

 very tender beef but too flavorful for our taste
Though food was flavorful, I find it expensive per serving(we paid p1300 including taxes). Konti na lang, pang-buffet na yung price. Di ko pa rin ipagpapalit ang Don Alba Restaurant, though it's a Spanish cuisine in nature. I value that they have an attentive service crew, food came earlier than expected time, napansin ko medyo maingay maybe because they have a small area, plus, I wish too that they have bigger tables.

No comments: