Mar 22, 2015

Nalusuan Island Beach, Cordova, Cebu

March 21, 2015


The last time when I was in Cebu was June, 2013 where together with my husband we bonded with the butandings in Oslob and gone glamping at Sumilon Island. It was one for the books.


the water was so still and clear as we head to the island
Nalusuan is a man-made resort island in the one of the islands in Cebu strait, comprising the Olango group of Island found between the island of Bohol and Mactan Island. I discovered the beauty of the island thru Instagram. I'm following Cebuano based furniture maker Vito Selma, who I assume loves the island life just like I do based on his photostream.


Why Nalusuan? In Cebuano dialect, "Kalusuan" means "a place of penises". The island is teeming with sea cucumbers which looks like the male organ, thus the name.



Thirty minutes away from the airport to Tonggo wharf, we rode a pre-arranged boat transfer to the island and arrived at our chosen 'home' for the weekend.






No comments: