Jun 19, 2015

Pap smear at last

June 17, 2015

For girls only

I admit, I've been postponing. My annual physical check up was last July, 2013. Though I almost got a clean bill of health(a bit high with my cholesterol results), I failed to do it last year. Save for some headaches and a bout of flu early this year, I'm thankful I always recover and bounce back in top condition. 

Last May, I missed my monthly period. Ooops, don't get too excited. I know I'm not pregnant, at all. Won't be. Yes, I'm sure, kung hindi baka sundan ko si Mama Mary sa pagiging Our Lady of the Immaculate Concepcion. Haha. This made me feel stressed the past few weeks. Sige ako sa kaaantay hanggang dulo ng May baka namasyal lang, aba wala. I was stood up. Daig ko pa ang na-indyan sa date. Though I felt all the symptoms, naku wala talaga. Then June came. I was expecting again first week but thankfully it came second week na. But it wasn't as normal as it should be. So I told myself enough of worrying, guessing and stressing myself(and my husband). Isa lang ang solusyon, consult my Obgynecologist.

I went to Dra. E this morning. I was asked questions, basically with my pregnancy and menstruation period background. I gave her the details. She told me to have a Pap smear and breast exam right there and then. I was asked to lie down. Perfoming an I. E. was expected when one visits her OB. Sanay ako kaya di ako masyadong ninerbyos but what I was worried about were the results. Baka may makitang bukol or worst may ovarian o cervical cancer na ako. Hayan kasi tinatamad ako mag-execise for four months na at kain pa nang kain nagkasakit tuloy ako. I keep on feeding myself with nega thoughts hanggang doon.

Haaay, salamat wala naman daw dapat ikatakot. Although my pap smear  results will be available next week, wala naman bukol na nakapa si Doktora. She said I might be experiencing early menopausal symptoms which are normal for women age 45-55 yrs. old(there goes my age!). Sinasabi ko na nga ba. Pero I beg to disagree, ang aga ko naman. We talked about hot flashes, depression, anxiety etc. brought by hormonal changes during this period. I need to go back to my exercise regimen. Malaki raw ang naitutulong nito pati na ang healthy diet. Kasi yung iba daw na babae para daw maloloka na minsan. Yun daw nagbibigay na siya ng prescription for meds.


Lord, I'm thankful I'm free from any serious illness as of now, buuuut I'm still in denial. I'm too young to be in this situation. 

No comments: