Jun 9, 2015

Vertigo, go away!

June 4, 2015

Na-miss niya ako. My curse is here once again. After watching San Andreas last Thursday, I experienced it once more after two years. It was November 8, 2013 when I had it last. No warnings, at all. Basta pag gising ko pagtayo ko to prepare my son's breakfast before heading to work, I can't focus my eyes. I lost my sense of balance. I felt sweaty next. Nilabanan ko. I managed to cook pa but I drank my meds after and slept the whole day. 

One thing that I'm thankful with today's technology is I get to google everything that I need to know most especially with health related issues. I'm sharing it with you...


Vertigo is a sensation of spinning. If you have these dizzy spells, you might feel like you are spinning or that the world around you is spinning. 
Less often vertigo may be associated with:

Symptoms of Vertigo

Vertigo is often triggered by a change in the position of your head.
People with vertigo typically describe it as feeling like they are:
  • Spinning
  • Tilting
  • Swaying
  • Unbalanced
  • Pulled to one direction
Other symptoms that may accompany vertigo include:
Symptoms can last a few minutes to a few hours or more and may come and go.

Treatment for Vertigo

Treatment for vertigo depends on what's causing it. In many cases, vertigo goes away without any treatment. This is because your brain is able to adapt, at least in part, to the inner ear changes, relying on other mechanisms to maintain balance. 

 source: webmd

I recuperated fast. One day lang ako naging immobile. I'm still blessed because I experienced the "less often type" of vertigo. I underwent MRI na back in 2010 to ward off brain tumor suspicions. Ok naman lahat ang results. I just wish I won't experience it again during situations that I need to be up and about. 

No comments: