Jun 3, 2015

Carry your bag

I've been seeing this kind of situation in a lot of places- malls, church, streets, parks etc. The boyfriend or hubby is tasked to bring her girlfriend's or wife's bag. I dunno with you, but I can't help but cringe most of the time. 


I have Scoliosis(abnormal lateral curvature of the spine) but I never had my husband or son carry my bag for me. Gym bag minsan, but it's definitely not girlish in design. You might have your own reasons, valid or not- ang pangit pa rin tignan. Call it modern chivalry but the man's macho image is downgraded automatically. Kahit signature bag o mumurahin man yan, it isn't appropriate. If you can't carry your own bag, don't bring one. Or might as well bring a sling bag para your hands are free. Pwede rin ang clutch or a belt bag.

A lady's bag, though a need, is also considered an accessory. Most of the time pa nga it's part of a fashionista's wardrobe. We women tend to match our outfit with our bags. Kaya nga minsan bukod sa shoe addict, nagiging bagaholic din tayo di ba? 

If you care for your man, preserve his dignity.  Always, always carry your bag.

No comments: