Jun 16, 2015

Blog mode on



With how poor internet services in the Philippines, sometimes I can't also fathom why I still keep on blogging. You will really need buckets of patience just to 'afford' this hobby. To others, it's a profitable profession. Nauso na yung collaborations with sponsors. Ok lang yun. Basta malinis na pagkakakitaan.



But how about bloggers like me who just want to blog away whatever? Even my curse, vertigo, have been a hindrance at times. Ten years have passed, eto pa rin ako.  Why o why?
  • It allows me to be reflective. I was able to know myself more. Before, I would engage in a conversation with myself. Hindi naman ako 'Krung krung'(crazy) but I guess during those days, it was a form of reflecting. I like to weigh the pros and cons when decision making time is at hand or just simply practice kung paano ko kaya i-coconduct ang sarili ko with others. This is interesting. I would found out later on, high daw ang IQ ng mga taong kinakausap ang sarili. Haha. Well, I hope it's true. Hindi rin naman sa wala akong makausap noon, because I have my two sisters with me. We sleep in one room and can talk until the wee hours of the morning at times. 
  • I would like to believe that blogging is also a form of conversation too, not only with my inner core but with the bigger world out there. It's a form of connection.
  • In blogging, I could share my thoughts or the summation of my day any time. Remember, it's my "memory bank' nga di ba? All I need is a wi-fi connection and the blogger platform. Plus, when I'm super old and wrinkly, mababalikan ko yung mga days na ito. I'll just pray that matatandaan ko pa yung website address ko when that time comes.
  • It is universal. No man is an island. We all know that. Culturally, you see different strokes for different folks. No boundaries at all. Madalas nga you get to discover parehong Filipinos iba-iba rin ang paniniwala at pamumuhay. At minsan kahit magkaiba ng lahi may pagkakapareho din pala ng values.
  • It inspires me. I get to share, therefore, I also learn a lot from others to the point that they can influence me, but always in a good way. I started blogging because I was inspired by a friend, actually.
  • I became appreciative and thankful. Before, each day is just like any other day. Lalo na kapag na-trap ka na sa routine ng buhay. I learned how to appreciate whatever is upfront. Each day is always unique and tomorrow is another day, as they say.
  • I became curious. Hindi ko lang napapansin kasi bago o kaya maganda. With blogging, it awakens my interest on anything, especially on mundane things. Pati yung istorya behind it, I wanna know. I always crave for information. I'm highly inquisitive. Detailed but ain't chismosa naman to a certain extent.
  • It made me confident and forgiving at the same time. Before, I was too tight. Maybe because of my line of work. I always set standards. Some people would judge you through your blog as if  they know you personally. But by blogging too, I get to say what's on my mind nang hindi mo iisipin how people will size you up. Grammar ba kamo? I don't care. I'm a teacher but I'm not perfect. And so everyone else. 
  • It's a passion. I'm no journalist, much more a walking encyclopedia or thesaurus. My being profound is limited. My younger sister who has a Masters in communications tucked under her belt ang mas may karapatan mag-blog but she lacks the fervor to do so. 
At this age, I already know my limits and strengths and I'm aware that this 'power' has a consequent responsibility/ties. The most important thing is- I enjoy what I do, that this is something valuable to me, that I'm way too old to impress people or waste my time to be thinking whatever they will say about me. That's why I will be here for the long haul even though I don't have readers or followers. Sabi nga ng mga kabataan nowadays,  blog pa more!

No comments: