Apr 22, 2015

Visma Massage and Accutherapy

April 14, 2015

I woke up with a throbbing mild headache. Mild, because at 4am I was still able to prepare for my son's breakfast before going to work. This is our usual routine Mondays thru Fridays.

When my son left, I slept again for two hours hoping that I will be relieved of the pain. But I was wrong. Andun pa rin. My husband and I had breakfast. The Biogesic pill that I drank gave me some relief pero I still thought that would be temporary. I told my husband before he left that I will have my long overdue body massage in the afternoon.

I immediately went up by lift at the fifth floor of SM the Block where Visma is. It is my second time here. The last time was March last year. I looked for Evelyn, the blind masseuse(all of them are) but she wasn't present yet. The staff referred me to Marian. After I settled in, Marian knocked and asked if I'm ready na.

Marian: Pwede na po ba Madam pumasok? 
Me: Sige. Ok na.
M: Good afternoon po! I'm Marian, your therapist for today. Dapa na po kayo.
     Kailan po ang huling massage ninyo?
Me: Nakalimutan ko na sa tagal. Uhmmm... October pala. Nasa tabing beach  kami. Ang tagal na. Twice a year lang ako talaga magpamasahe.
M: Ganun po? A massage is one of the most relaxing activity a body could have to relieve it of stress.
Me: Oo nga eh. Tamad lang talaga ako magpamasahe. Masakit ang ulo ko ngayon kulang kasi ako sa tulog. Paputol-putol.

I specifically told her that I have a headache because of lack of sleep maybe.

M: (hinilot ang sentido ko) Oo nga po, malalim ang sentido niyo. Isang sign po kulang kayo sa tulog.

Aba, I learned something new today.

She went on and half-way thru I felt relaxed na. The ambience helped. An instrumental music was being played softly in the background the whole time. May occasional beeps lang from her watch siguro which tells what time it is. I like also that the oil she smothered on me was light and almost odorless. Sometimes kasi when at home na I feel sweaty because of the oil. Yung feeling na parang lumpiang nababad sa mantika, as in gusto ko na maligo. Summer pa naman ngayon.

She applied some minty balm on my temples, then caressed lightly my head and put some pressure just where she feels I need it. Aba, after an hour of full body massage, headache's gone. I felt lighter. She advised me not to drink anything cold and not to take a bath the rest of the day. The reason is not to stiffen  my muscles once more and clog my blood vessels eventually. It will defeat the purpose daw. Oo nga naman, sayang ang p400.00.

On my way out, I thanked her and gave my tip and told her that I'll be back. Natuwa naman siya.


No comments: