Apr 9, 2015

birthday dinner updates

It has been quite a busy week. Cleaning the house never ends, aside from my usual routine managing a home of three. Tomorrow, I'll be hosting my once in a blue moon advance birthday dinner. Just an intimate one with my side of family, as I've mentioned a few days before.

Since our house is not that big to host for at least twenty people, we would set it up in our backyard cum basketball court just like before. I bought six yards of white cloth(P40) to cover the long table and a yard of printed cloth(p180) which will serve as a table runner. I think I made a mistake. I should've bought two yards pala. For the buffet table, I'll just use the old one. 

For a change, I won't be using paper plates or my heavy clear glass dinner plates. Instead, I bought a new set of cheap 'melaware' plates and soup bowls, plus flatware. In the past, it has been a problem with mix and match dinnerware and flatware. Yun ang resulta nang may maliit na pamilya at hindi sanay maghanda.

Today, I will have a quick visit to the modista to have my table cloth and runner hemmed, then I'll proceed to the wet market to order my crabs for tomorrow. I want big and live ones. My Aunt promised to bring a cake for me as her gift na  but I will still bake chocolate cupcakes for the kids when I get back. 

Spell busy.

No comments: