Feb 24, 2015

Pre-FB/IG era

I'm glad I was born before the digital world invaded our lives. We used to print photos after every occasion. Hindi kami mayaman pero  we always allot a budget for this. In my family, photo albums are regarded as something sacred. Back in the day, my Mom is the one who keeps on documenting special occasions to any thing that will caught her fancy. While I abhored having my picture taken that time, it's the opposite right now. Eto naka-blog pa. My Mom doesn't need to document everything like I do because she has a photographic memory even at almost 74. Panis ako. Salamat, Mommy at kinulit no kami. 

my baul of memories
Photo albums, the hard copy ha, are becoming extinct nowadays. Younger people right now would easily identify it with FB. Nung bagong labas Iphotos on Ipod, I thought it was cool. Biro mo pwede mo nang ipakita pics mo kahit saan to everyone. Noon, maipagpaparangalan mo lang yun kapag may bisita ka sa bahay like my Mom. It was always a part of any gathering. Ngayon so much have changed that Facebook even takes away the fun of having a reunion. One click lang updated ka na sa happenings ng friends mo with their latest photos. May libre pang selfie lahat ng anggulo niya. Bakit pa kayo magkikita-kita eh lahat naman kayo nasa FB? Umay factor. May group pa nga kayo di ba? Kaya lang yung sa amin alive lang nung pre-silver reunion, after the gathering, *insert crickets here* na.


I'm guilty. I've been on early retirement from work for five years na pero hindi ko napapanahunan magpa-print ng photos. Nowadays thousands of them from the last few years are tucked away sa HD. I really should make time for it and start asap before its too late.

No comments: