Feb 7, 2015

French inspired

When I was a young child, my sisters and I would always play bahay-bahayan and lutu-lutuan. Our house back then was a modest bungalow type in one of the suburbs north of Manila. Kaya ang pangarap ko noon yung bahay na may hagdanan. I've always dreamed of having a two storey kind of house. I would always draft my dream house kahit na stick drawing lang on pad papers, coupon bonds or at the back of my notebook.

As a young bride, I think one of my dreams has been fulfilled. We had our own apartment first day we got married. I could decorate my own home na. I get to design it according to my plan. Fan na fan ako ni Rachel Ashwell, the Shabby chic guru. Yes, some may find it girly but I like how she puts everything together. 


My husband and I has a different view on this. He wants a simple yet functional kind of home. Yung wala masyado kaartehan. Boooring. I guess lahat naman yata ng lalaki? Pero hindi niya naman ako pinakikialaman. Ako na daw ang bahala kapag pag-uusapan ay tungkol sa bahay. 

But life happened. I got too busy with work, motherhood and other personal matters. Hanggang namamalayan ko, I'm gearing towards a Modern Filipino-Asian themed home. My husband and I fancied anything Asian, even antique in terms of home decors and Filipino on our kind of furniture which is made of wood.

pic from homeedit.com


Fast track to today. I woke up with a plan to redecorate our interiors. I officially want a French inspired home. No wonder, studying History back then, fascinated ako talaga sa Europe. Everything about the Old World inspires me. My ultimate travel dream is to go to Europe kahit na huwag na sa America. Building a French styled house is still a far-fetched idea kung pag-uusapan ang budget.


Makapunta na nga sa lotto-han...


No comments: