Feb 10, 2015

in love with Juicing

I've been doing this for two years now. The machine was sold to us by my husband's nephew four years ago but somehow along the way I never get to use it. I've always been aware of how I should treat my body with regular exercise and an almost healthy diet. But there would be lapses, of course. Sometimes due to work loads, schedule or just simply laziness were the reasons of my inconsistencies. 



A health alert last July 2013 made me change my diet abruptly. I was diagnosed with high cholesterol when my annual physical check-up's result came out. I was frustrated because dieting isn't really my cup of tea. Mas gusto ko magpapawis pero kakain pa rin ako nang kahit ano at gaano kadami. I could dance or run and bike for hours pero huwag mo akong pilitin mag-diet. Hmmm...matanda na nga talaga ako. Hindi na kaya ng exercise lang. Ang lungkot.



I went on a high fiber and low sodium/fat diet immediately. Aside from making fresh and all natural smoothies I turned to juicing, too. Coupled with regular exercise, I lost 16lbs in one and a half months. No pain, no gain, indeed.



Juicing today not because I'm on a diet, but I have developed the habit already. 
mine, husband's and son's 

No comments: