Feb 17, 2015

dead on Facebook

Do you really have to put pics of the dead or their coffins on FB? I don't know what other people are thinking. Sometimes they are not even part of the family. I cringe every time I see this on Facebook. The latest victim was my former co-teacher. I can't think of a solid reason why one does this. Give them some respect and dignity. Do you think kung buhay ang namatay, gugustuhin niya makita siya sa ganitong state? Que horror.

If you want to condole with the family, do it personally just like the old times. No need to course it through social media. At kung naka-attend ka naman, avoid taking ang posting pics with the dead. Kailangan mo ba talaga ng remembrance? Baka kapag naki-selfie siya sa iyo himatayin ka pa. Aagawan mo pa siya ng atensyon. Unang una hindi ka naman makangiti. Lahat malungkot. Your presence is enough during this tragic event of the affected family. I can say this because I've been on this boat not only once. I buried my three month old son ten years ago. The latest was when my father died in 2009 due to cancer. We were devastated but it was in the loving and consoling arms of friends and family that we got the much needed strength to face the healing process. Hindi naman ako nag-fa-Facebook noon habang nasa wake. I don't have the time to check FB para malaman kung sino ang nakikiramay at hindi. At aaminin ko may panahon din na nagtampo ako sa mga kaibigan ko na hindi man lang nagbigay ng oras para makiramay. Pero hindi yun naging hadlang para hindi ako makipag-kapwa tao sa panahon naman na ako ang kanilang kailangan. Nowadays, mas madalas pa yata ako makipag-reunion sa wake. You may not see me posting pictures of every event, trip or party that I attend to in FB pero if you need me, I'm always someone that you can count on.

Bilang huling habilin, when my time comes, I will tell my husband to confiscate all cameras, smartphones, ipads, even gopros at my wake. Parang may exam lang na magaganap. No cheating!

No comments: