Feb 4, 2015

Baclaran and Quiapo

Being a first Wednesday of the month, I asked my husband if I could go to Baclaran and attend a novena prayer today. We split our ways after a heavy breakfast of steamed rice, binagoongan and adobong pusit. He needs to attend to some business and off I went to the church and a bit of shopping afterwards. I bought big plates from a nearby Japanese surplus store and fresh fruits.

p490.00 for the two
gave also some to my Mom + a box of diced hopia



On our way home, we agreed to drop by Quiapo because he needed to buy some parts for his bike which he currently assembles. Yes, my husband is no doubt a master builder. He currently owns eight and his collection is still growing.

Upon arriving Quiapo, we had a quick, unforgettable lunch at Hongkong Noodles Dimsum. Iniwasan namin ang Chowking, ganun din pala ang lasa. Everything was salty. But we had no choice. Gutom na raw siya. 

All dimsum for sharing. Beef brisket rice toppings for him(not in the pic), noodle soup for me

While my husband was 'shopping', I comforted myself again from that lunch by buying two boxes of Hopia Ube and Diced Monggo Hopia from Baker's Fair. A branch of the one that can be found also in Greenhills. 

Prayers...
My mom is a devotee of the Black Nazarene because of my sister(next to me, I'm the Ate of three siblings). She got sick when she was two months old and was hospitalized for a month. She sought the power of prayers and still believes that it was indeed the Black Nazarene's intervention that my sis was healed eventually.  From thereon, she wore the "Nazareno dress" every Friday for many years.

I have many memories here. We often go to mass here when my siblings and I were younger pa. Inip na inip na ako minsan sa tagal ni Mommy mag-rosary. Yun pala lahat ng mysteries dinadasal niya. Then there were times pa that we will line up to wipe the Nazareno's feet with our hankies after the mass.

Since we parked across the church, I was able to check out the famous newly renovated underpass.  Secured, airconditioned, clean and well-lit na.


lots of tiangge or small shops


These stairs used to be dirty and beggars abound. Hindi na ngayon.

No comments: