Feb 21, 2015

Kingsman: The Secret Service


It's been a while since I saw an action movie that isn't a superhero material. In my family, when it comes to movies, boys rule. It's fine with me. I enjoy it as much as they do. I remember as a young girl, my Daddy and I would watch his favorite TV series. Walang choice, ilan lang ang channels noon at isa lang ang TV namin.  We would watch Hawaii Five-O, TJ Hooker, Six Million Dollar Man,  to name a few. Now I miss my Dad more. Inspired, there was a time that I would like to be a detective as a profession, pero naisip ko parang di ko kakayanin mag-aral ng Criminology. I was thin as a barbecue stick then di katulad ngayon tabachingching na. 



Back to the movie, I first saw the trailer online and right there and then I asked my husband to watch it. Most of the time siya ang nagyaya sa akin manood kaya siguro pumayag alam niyang it is worth watching. I loved the Jason Bourne, James Bond and Marvel/DC franchises but this one is something fresh. Plus, how it can go wrong with a powerhouse cast with the likes of Colin Firth, Michael Caine and Samuel Jackson? Colin Firth pa lang papanoorin ko na kahit walang kasama. I loved him since Bridget Jones. 

After a filling meal at BigOli even though we had an early dinner at home, we headed to the cinema for the last full show. Siguraduhin ko daw hindi siya makakatulog since our day started at 6:30am and we both have five hours sleep the night before. In short, dapat maganda.


Formaggi pizza, partly hidden Pepperoni pizza, Aglio Olio Pasta for sharing, Royal and Coke Zero

And we weren't disappointed. Not a minute that we got bored. Visually appealing and the soundtrack is so apt. First scene pa lang, fireworks na. A movie which exudes class- spies in bespoke suits, uniquely well-choreographed fight scenes, though almost satirical in nature. Really worth my Taters and Holy Kettle Popcorn.


No comments: