Jan 28, 2015

Australian Open

If there's another thing that I'm thankful of during these past days is that I get to watch the second week of this tennis open while I'm on my sick lair. I root for the world no.1 all the time, Novak Djokovic, though I'm consistently in awe of how great the other players, too. It would be a lonely sport without the likes of Federer, Nadal, Murray, etc. If my memory serves me right, it was in the late 90's that I got to fell in love with this game. My husband whose very sportsminded, introduced me to it. Panahon pa ng mga tennis greats like Andre Agassi, Steffi Graf, Pete Sampras, Michael Chang, etc. My husband even attended some trainings in our village clubhouse, pati ako binilhan ng raketa. But I didn't able to play that much. Badminton na lang. Naging favorite spectator sport ko na lang siya. Sa sobrang hilig din namin noon pati mga aso pinangalan namin sa kanila. Our then labradors were named Andre and Steffi. Imagine how happy were we nung nagkatuluyan yung dalawa. 'We found love in the tennis court' ang peg. There would be times that when I'm too lazy to exercise, kapag tennis season na na-iinspire ako mag-workout uli. Kahit yung legs na lang ni Steffie Graf o Maria Sharapova mapantayan ko. Sa ganda, wag na umasa.

photo by AustralianOpen twitter

Currently, my favorite Novak is gunning for a position in the finals. But he has to beat the defending champion, Stan Wawrinka first. *Brings out the popcorn*

No comments: