Jan 15, 2015

arrival, departure

This trip is memorable for my family because this will be our first out of the country trip with our son. He was only three years old when my husband and I went to Hongkong August of 1996. Through the years, it's either me or my husband ang nagbibiyahe internationally. Locally, we have countless trips.



As I've said, this is a graduation gift. I booked last November as soon as I knew that he'll be graduating that semester. Overjoyed, I mistakenly booked on the same days that the Pope will be in the Philippines. Honest mistake talaga.



We rode a taxi from our home to the airport. In about 30-40 minutes time, we're in the airport na. The Pope is coming in the afternoon and I thought it is safe to assume that it will be traffic-free since it's a no-work and no-school day.

At talaga namang pwede ka mag-tumbling sa kalsada sa luwag at linis! How I wish this is a normal day in Manila! Yes, hindi masamang mangarap.

We were three hours early in the airport. Nag-antay pa kami ng halos isang oras para makapag-check in. Pero para sa akin, daig nang maagap ang masikap. At least, iwas stress. Our flight was delayed for ten minutes and aside from my husband's worrying about the airport shutdown, overall, we had a smooth flight.

Welcome to the Philippines, Pope Francis! You'll be in good hands. Maabutan ka pa namin pag-uwi. Enjoy your stay.

No comments: