Apr 12, 2016

Phil. Eagle center

April 10

After our breakfast at McDonald's, we asked and hired a taxi in going here. We haggled from p2500 down to p1500. :D I just told Manong Driver that I've been there back in 2009 and paying p2500 is just too much. Take note that one can also go here by public transpo which I did then. The center is one hour away from the city and is located in Calinan town. Yes, it's that far but there's no heavy traffic that you'll encounter and I enjoyed the scenic view while we travel. So, no worries. 



We paid the two entrance fees(click for info here) afterwhich we freshened up first in their toilets but water wasn't available. Then we started our journey instantly. I took a pic of the map as a guide....


I will let the pictures talk... 

I find owls so cute


Brahminy kite...were you the one I met last 2009? I think so



I like that there are at least two uncaged eagles around...

the names of the eagles were derived from whoever adopt them and spend for their food and care
I got to hold him on my arm...

his name is Dilaw because his eyes are bright yellow

Aside from hearing stories from Mang Puroy(a caretaker for 15 yrs. in the facility), the birds entertained us also with their tricks. We had the privilege to take a pic with an eagle, too. Pang-profile pic sa FB. Seeing them upclose was an exhilarating experience, one for the books. It's not everyday that you see an extinct animal. Agree?

No comments: