Apr 24, 2016

Election 2016

If I could have my way, I want the elections to be done already. Aside from their supporters, I find the bickerings and mudslinging of candidates with their opponents so stressful na. House of Cards(US tv series that deals with politics) is one of my fave shows and I can see na parang it's becoming a reality here as I watch the news or read headlines, articles from Twitter. When I opened my FB(I'm bored that's why) the other day, mas malala pa pala.



I heard a lot of people are now either on a state of 'war' or silent treatment na with their friends and worst with their family members just because of politics. Very, very wrong. I'm lucky pa pala that I'm inactive in FB. Good thing, my immediate family is supporting just one candidate and we didn't even talked about it. Less stress. With my friends or acquaintances, frankly, I don't care. We live in a democratic society and everyone has the right to suffrage. What cheapens this election season are the name callings, 'bangayan' online without even researching first and worst, cussing with each other. 

I survived six presidents already which makes me feel jaded sometimes. Take note I have always been a spectator, what if I'm directly involved as in campaigning actively on the road no? Baka magkasakit ako nang malala. I remember late last year, I even tweeted 'wake me up when the election season ends'. Kasi alam ko na ang magiging scenario. Am I wrong?

We should RESPECT whoever candidate our family or friend chooses. And this too, shouldn't let us think lesser of them if it contradicts our choices. At the end of the day, to most of us, these politicians are unaware that we even exist. They don't deserve our personal relationships. Not worth it.

Meanwhile, let's all watch the last Presidential debate later.

No comments: