Apr 10, 2016

Good morning, Davao!

We arrived fifteen minutes earlier, 6:30 am. I'm sad that I wasn't able to capture today's sunrise because I'm not on the window seat. Anyway, the cool morning breeze and sunshine welcomed us. 



I asked my husband to take my pic with the Durian carving just outside the airport. I didn't have one on my first trip back in 2009.

Davao is famous for its Durian fruit(aside from their pomelos)
Our chosen home away from home Hotel Tropika offers free airport transfers so we availed of this privilege. It's just fifteen minutes away from our chosen hotel. Reviews in Trip Advisory and Agoda are indeed helpful. 


Unfortunately, they were fully booked and we can't have an early check-in, so we just left our luggage in their safety. My husband and I agreed to start exploring the city. Take note, hindi nasunod agad my IT draft. Good thing, it's flexible naman.


We chose to ride the jeepney because McDonald's was just a five minute ride. I was surprised someone was tinkering on his laptop while riding on a public transpo. Hindi ko magagawa sa Manila yun. Only in Davao.


My first meal in Davao...



No comments: