Apr 2, 2016

alone time on a Friday

Yesterday, my son went to work early in the day and husband went hunting for his bike accessories and would later meet his friends at Metrowalk, Pasig city. I figured this would be a great opportunity for me to go back to the gym which  I've been planning since last week.


lezzgo
After looking for a beanie for my son(he lost the one I bought in H&M a year ago), I finally settled for a cheaper(p150.00) plain, blue one at SM. The one in Uniqlo costs P590. My son is a bit careless when it comes to his things. Lagi siyang may nawawala. Kaya at times that I want to buy him things that is a little bit pricey, I would think twice first. My husband would say, "Ayan, hindi ka na kasi natuto sa anak mo".  I remember when he was still in pre-school, everyday he would lost his pencil. Good thing, I have boxes of them since I have my own supplies being a teacher. Siguro kung wala mamumulubi ako sa pagbili ng school supplies.

one of those rare days that you find empty treadmills

I weighed myself first at the gym. After a month of lessening my food intake and spinning at least three times a week for an hour, I just lost two pounds. Ang hirap na talaga mag-reduce ng weight kapag matanda ka na. Ang slow na ng metabolism. I still need to go back to drinking smoothies like I used to. The struggle is real. Haha. 

On the brighter side, I'm just five pounds overweight. Actually, I would be contented na if I will lost two more pounds na lang. I'm concerned with losing off some inches in my belly and hips area. It's where my "fats" go when I eat too much or when I lead a sedentary lifestyle. Muffin top, anyone? Sana sa mukha ko na lang. I want to wear my pants and shorts that I used last summer. Waste of money if I'll buy new ones, again.

I did brisk walking for an hour on the treadmill while checking updates/news on Twitter. I just want to change my routine. There was a dance class ongoing but I wasn't enticed to join them, surprisingly. I still miss our Zumba instructor three years ago, ang galing niya. He's in Singapore na daw.

I dropped by at H&M and window shopped for a few minutes. I bought my Taters' minor plain Popcorn(hello, empty calories!) before I head home. I can't resist buying some fresh produce in the wet market, so I dropped by na rin. After my usual chores around the house, I ate my dinner alone in front of the TV in our bedroom watching my fave teleseryes on GMA. Bliss.

It's nice to have an alone and quiet time sometimes. You plan your day at your own pace and will. Kapag namamasyal, hindi ka maiilang na may nag-aabang sa iyo. I'm not saying I don't value that my husband is with me most of the time when I go malling, etc.. Tinatamad na lang talaga ako mag-drive unlike in the past I would do it by myself-going to the gym, grocery, window shopping or fetching my son from school at least thrice a week. 

Nothing bad to be independent or detach yourself from 'the usual' once in a while. It's liberating, actually.

No comments: