Jul 30, 2015

Reunion hits

July 18, 2015



And it happened. I'm so glad I attended UST's College of Education Grand Alumni Homecoming tonight. We paid p1000 for the ticket(dinner and souvenir t-shirt). I drove to the venue by four in the afternoon, where our former Gym/pool was situated, now UST's Alumni center. 


I arrived at 5 o'clock worried about where will I park because I was late na. But to my delight, I didn't have a hard time. A friend called and asked me to wait for her for about five minutes at the lobby, which I thought was a good time for a retouch.

The registration was swift. I regret that I wasn't able to take pics at the lobby(which looks like a hotel lobby by the way) that much, since I was too overwhelmed and excited to see everyone. 

The moment we entered the hall, we were greeted by familiar faces. Beso besos were in order. Grabe, we looked pretty much the same naman. You'll be surprised 25 years naman pala won't mean much difference physically. Recognizable pa naman. Wala naman mukhang nagpa botox pa maski lumapad na mga bewang namin. Haha. Maybe after twenty five years after? We'll see. Although we weren't complete since some of our batchmates are abroad(for work or migration) it was a night full of laughter, memories and socializing. It was like we were transported back in the late eighties. 

We were also elated to have met again our mentors. Para kaming bata uli. Nawala yung 25 yrs. na gap. Yes, it's a long time. A lot have happened in our individual lives. But the feeling when you get there was incomparable. Hindi siya naging who's who kinda night. For me, everyone was like a student again.  Walang sukatan ng pagkatao ang nangyari. I'm too happy to allow such negativity. You know what I mean. Sa akin hindi ka lawyer or a successful professor or businessman or simpleng housewife. Lahat pantay pantay.  

our souvenir/lootbag
What's inside...
The food was sumptuous. The event was well-organized. From the registration, mass, program itself till the awarding of medals to us Silver Jubilarians(highlight).


Five hours wasn't enough to catch up so we're planning to have another one this December. This time exclusively for education peeps only. Those who can't come home this month will be able to attend hopefully.

No comments: