Jul 22, 2015

from running to biking

I've been a gym member three months after my son was born. I was determined then to really get back into shape. During the '90s, p16,000 pesos lang lifetime member ka na. My sis became a member two years ago for p35,000 pesos. Grabe ang inflation no?



I started running 2008, although occasionally I would run sa treadmill in the gym, but I seriously started as in joining marathons during that year. Naging playground ko na rin tuloy ang ULTRA oval in Pasig city. It was near the school where I used to teach that's why it was much accessible then. Then we shifted to UP Oval which is much nearer to our home. Nowadays, I don't run anymore to keep fit due to my knee. Di naging maganda ang impact kasi medyo naadik din ako sa pagtakbo. I realized wala na pala ako twenties. Haha. Thus, my shift to biking/spinning as my regular exercise. This is kinder to one's knees according to my doctor. I bike when a good weather permits, I am on my peak when I get to do 30 kilometers in about two hours. I'm determined to achieve that again soon. 

No comments: