Jul 28, 2015

In the news

I'm a self-confessed news junkie. I spend a lot of time reading(twitter), listening and watching the news everyday. I feel I'm living under a rock when I'm out of touch. Siguro kaya ako naging History teacher. No wonder.
  • The religious sect INC(Iglesia ni Cristo) is in hot seat nowadays. Known for its solidarity, medyo nakaka-shock yung mga pronouncements ng mga tumiwalag na members. Sabi ng iba away pamilya ng mga Manalo lang ito. We've been hearing about serious accusations regarding abduction, illegal detention and corruption,  pero still everyone's reaction is "Sino ang nagsasabi ng totoo?" I hope this will be resolved without someone getting harmed. (Read more about it here)
  • All these pre-presidential election news sometimes annoy me. I want a more capable President in the next six years. I still have hope for our country but Binay, Roxas, Poe, Escudero don't excite me. Peace and order should be the priority of the next government. I want to walk in the streets without me thinking that a thief or a snatcher is just lurking somewhere.
  • Like every Filipino, I'm so aghast about that trash from Canada which was illegally imported to our country. Don't we have enough of our own sh*t that we would allow such? When I was teaching, I'm very particular of this issue. It is a value you teach to your students about their concern for their environment. Inside the classroom, a piece of paper or a candy wrapper should be thrown away in the bin.  If there's none in sight, keep it in your bag or pocket until you see one. Ang sabi ng ilan may kumita daw kasi. Pinatutunayan ba nila na "a man's trash could be someone's treasure"? Masyadong mabait ang mga Filipino. First, China is bullying us, now Canada. Who's next? (Read more about it here)

No comments: