May 5, 2015

Shake my head


I can't help but be amused with people nowadays. In this age of instagram and facebook, a lot seems to enjoy this instant celebrity status in social media. Noon ang tawag doon KSP lang, kulang sa pansin. Ngayon, kapag marami kang followers or likes, feeling sikat ka. Don't get me wrong. Natutuwa din ako kapag maraming nakaka-appreciate sa pictures ko, but I definitely don't dwell on that. I don't post pics just to gain popularity or to impress people. Bad yun. I'm talking about people who goes overboard. They tend to lose their true sense of self. 

I know some who are like them. Meron akong kilalang teacher in her 50's pero akala mo bata kung umasta at magsalita sa FB. Meron din young Mom with kids na akala mo dalaga pa magdamit/make-up ala Anne Curtis(super iksi shorts) and keeps on posting pics like a covergirl. Nope, she's not a model. And this somebody who lives like money is never a problem based on her photos, pero may malaki pala na utang sa opisina. A girl who was pressured to buy a branded bag or the latest iphone model just to keep up with peer pressure but is just earning below p20k a month. Maiintindihan ko pa nga yung mga former students ko because they're still immature. Eh yung matanda na walang pinagkatandaan? *SMH*

I'm happy that I have lived in an era when life was simpler. You don't need to let every person in this planet know your outfit of the day or announce to the whole wide world what you've eaten this morning, lunch or where you dined or what place you've gone to for your summer vacation. You don't need to pretend to be accepted. Nobody cares then, or naive lang talaga ako?

Yes, privacy is still priority to me. I don't need to 'hog the limelight' just to show everyone that I still exist. It is like I want people to 'touch' me. After all, I'm no celebrity or VIP. Mas gusto ko yung mysterious at na-mimiss ako. And I'm totally fine with that.

No comments: