May 9, 2015

why I love blogging

My first love. Although, I gave birth to my first site because I was depressed or in the lowest point of my life, it helped me tremendously in not just coping but I was able to survived those hard times eventually. In the past, I came up with at least three sites, count na natin ang Multiply.


I'm no writer or someone who has a perfect grammar. Though I'm a teacher(History) for 18 years and retired by choice, I'm way too far being one. I've taught Filipino, Language, Computer and Home Economics but I'm not gifted in this 'writing' thingy. I don't find myself profound. Nagkakasya na ako sa planner/journal style of writing. Mostly, my reason is- because I get to reflect. Hindi ako madaldal in person. Mas gusto ko makinig at mag-analyze at siguro ito na nga ang outlet ko. When I'm out with friends, madalas hindi ako yung bumabangka. Taga-tawa lang ako. When I was teaching, some of my colleagues who were then close to me would go to my room just to bond, and if they want my two cents, I would end up giving advices. Come to think of it, I should've taken up Psychology in college, huh. Pero hagip na din yun sa teaching. More than talking, you should know also how to listen to your students. Mali yung ikaw lang ang pinakikinggan. As a teacher, you shouldn't be the center of the universe. A big chunk of being  in my profession is you have to be way sensitive to your students' needs/capacity, sometimes extended to the parents' concerns also.

Back to writing, I had diaries (and planners) up to this day. It's more than an expression, it's like a momento, a memory bank. It's something personal because it is the innermost of my soul which is out there. I didn't claim to inspire or much more brag. The utmost reason why I'm incognito. Though I have fallen to the trap of having a lot of lags in my posts in the past at kadalasan kinatatamaran na because of work, motherhood, etc. I would always go back to blogging. When visiting co-blogger sites, iba yung 'high', inspiration, and learnings that you get from them. I always feel encouraged most of the time. 

Nowadays, we are busy with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or online games. I'm guilty. Though I enjoy it, I think I'm too wordy for Twitter  because you have to incorporate everything in 140 characters, plus FB/ Instagram which sometimes become too graphic for me. I don't know. It lacks the connection or sincerity that I want. Most of the time we only highlight the good (or sometimes the bad) in these social media sites. In hindsight,  maaaring impression ko lang yun o masyado ko lang sineseryoso. Siguro nga dapat mag-umpisa na ako maglaro ng games like my boys.

More than anything else, in blogging, I like the 'in between' part. The history behind anything. I always end up asking questions kasi. Bakit mayroon/nagkaroon niyan? Anong pinaghuhugutan nang picture na iyan? Is 'it' the real thing? Pakikwento nga. Paki-explain. Oh, that teacher in me, I guess.

Though I cannot remember the exact date when I started, I'm almost on my tenth year na pala this month and wow, I'm still active in blogging.

Basta, I wanna celebrate this hobby till I could.

No comments: