May 7, 2015

Lunch date at Mongkok and Coffee Bean

May 6, 2015

It was long overdue. Again. It should have been December, but life happened as always. I was occupied with family matters. She was busy with her school work, as she is a former co-teacher of mine in our first school/work place as newly graduates from the University of Sto. Tomas.

I love CBTL's ambience, Shangrila Plaza East Wing

We agreed to have lunch yesterday at Mongkok, a Chinese resto, at the sixth floor of the Shangrila, Edsa. I was there first, but I forgot to take the pictures. Anyway, after a few minutes she arrived, we ordered noodles and dumplings and we wasted no time updating each other since we weren't in touched for a year though we both live here in the metro. Para kaming mga OFWs. Haha.


Sinulit na namin. We went to Rustan's for a short walk to 'wash down' whatever we've eaten. We chanced upon the Bugatti flatware which I'm lusting over. I told her I want to buy one. She said it's too pricey for p700 a piece. Bakit daw, libre naman ang utensils sa Jollibee. Hahaha. That's what I like about her. Friend = rain check. Para siyang Mommy ko, that when I told her that I want to collect teacups, Mom told me why do I have to, I don't have a daughter naman para pamanahan. Kaya ayun, hanggang ngayon I can't buy one.

We extended our kwentuhan at the nearby coffee shop, Coffee Bean Unlimited. She was craving for anything cheesecake and we found it here. With cappuccinos, we instantly loved their new offering, Strawberry Yoghurt cheesecake. It was light and tangy, hindi nakakasawa unlike their blueberry cheesecake which I think parang dry na for my taste. Well, I guess it's time to retire my love for their Blueberry Cheesecake.

We wrapped up with our promise to ourselves that a once a year reunion shouldn't become a tradition. Haha.

No comments: