May 1, 2015

Ankapawa 2015

I was invited by my Mom to this annual gathering of Leytenos on Labor day specifically Dagami town in honor of the feast of their patron saint, St. Joseph. It is usually celebrated with a mass, dinner, raffle and some socials like dancing and singing here in Manila. I'm not sure though how they celebrate it in the province.


He is also known as the patron saint of workers, being a carpenter himself.


Actually, my Dad is the one who hails from Leyte. Since he's not around anymore, my Mom and siblings try to continue this tradition in his honor if we are available. Like any other fiesta, there are assigned Hermanos and Hermanas yearly. My Dad was assigned 2009-2010 kaya lang he wasn't able to attend na because he died November, 2009. My Mom carried on, eventually.

St, Joseph, husband of Mary, Jesus' foster father

Together with my Mom and sis, I drove all the way to One Esplanade, Pasay city where it is being held yearly for some time now. We were late because of miscommunication and there was a Labor rally that caused  heavy traffic in Quiapo. Balewala na it is a holiday. We arrived by Communion time na.


Buffet dinner was served.


We liked this centerpiece at our table....


My share of the feast...

Soup, Pasta, Roast beef, Barbecued Pork Ribs, Fish Fillet

No veggies served though. I found everything yummy, except the chicken cordon bleu. It was tough and lacked flavor.

As they dance(curacha and pasadoble yata yun), bills were pinned on them as a tradition before. But now, nilalagay na lang sa cloth at the center. Baka may case na na natusok yung dancers.



My Mom won the raffle pa. Small gift lang naman. We really had a great bonding time. My Dad must be happy up there.

No comments: