Oct 27, 2016

the high road

As I was scanning my FB timeline this morning, I was surprised to see a High school classmate post- a pic of a girl she labeled as home wrecker. She did this to serve as a warning. I understand her hate and anguish being a wife and Mom also. Some people really crosses the line-mapa lalaki yan o babae. I prayed that she'll have proper discernment and support that she'll need during this times.


Why do people rant on social media? To express ourselves is one reason. Second, we want to connect. During our darkest hours, we need companionship, people who will support and not judge us instead. Sana. While to some, social media is not the right platform. To us pre-millenials or during pre-internet days, we resort to our best friends back then by talking it over on the phone or over food in any nearby home or restaurant. May pasimple pa yun na "Huuuy, wag mo ipagkakalat ha. Sa iyo ko lang sinabi yan!".

When facing a predicament, it's really hard to analyze it by yourself because you are overwhelmed with the situation. You are the one inside the picture. You need someone's point of view, a lending ear to rationalize everything-TO PROCESS what's happening. 

I'm very much into social media but when I have problems, I keep it within my circle. I deal with it privately, especially if I can handle it without the help of others.  I always think that my problem isn't for everyone's consumption.


Back in the day, I would write my feelings/emotions(blogging to us now) on a piece of paper just to let it out. Prayers with matching iyak help a lot, too. Masarap sa pakiramdam pagkatapos.

I'm not judging those who do it otherwise(to each his own), but it is when your heavy with emotions you tend to do or say things that you don't mean that I'm very much wary of kasi. Lalo na kapag immature ka pa, one tends to act impulsively. Gusto mo ma-solve kaagad. I'm speaking from experience here. Ngayong medyo may wisdom na ako, I wait it out. Kapag di ko na kaya doon ako nagkukwento sa iba at humihingi ng opinion. So far, it created good outcomes naman. 


The road less travelled may be a difficult path, but I'll choose doing what is right rather than what feels right at the moment.

No comments: