Jan 28, 2019

Weekender 04: Australian Open 2019 and Intermittent Fasting

I’ve been watching the Australian Open for almost two weeks now . It’s not a secret that tennis is my spectator sport. Mas gusto ko siya panoorin instead of actually playing it since the late 90’s. I like that a few young and very good ones are emerging like Naomi Osaka, Nikki Kyrgios and Stef Tsitsipas. But they have to wait, my faves are still reigning~ Novak Djokovic, Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer. Their time will come.

Stefano Tsitsipas
At the Men's single finals yesterday, Novak Djokovic emerged as the champion. It was his seventh. As much as I love Nadal, si Novak ang manok ko. It feels good that he's back on being World no. 1 after suffering from an injury and a surgery last year. In the women's division, 20 year old Naomi Osaka of Japan bagged the trophy.

Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic (ctto)

Last Friday, I started with IF or intermittent fasting. I have observed my diet was way crazy the past few weeks. Working out has never been a problem to me. It is already in my lifestyle. But eating a healthy diet is a different story. I always crave for something sweet. My favorites nowadays are halo halo and frapuccino. I'm scared that I'm beginning to like milk teas na rin. Nakupo. I must STOP.

I'm not much into diet fads kaya this IF is more suitable to me. It has different types and 16:8 hour fasting is for me. It requires one to fast for 16-hours before taking your meal in an 8 hour window.

Giving the body a break from digestion permits it to work on detoxification and healing at the cellular level. Also, during fasting, blood sugar and insulin surges are halted which allows the body to work through its glycogen stores and to consequently be fueled by ketones instead. A fasted person can then "burn" fat instead of sugar. Weight loss often follows as a result. -Calorie Bee
*pic from the net


Back in the day, ginagawa ko na pala ito. This isn't new to me. From my student to teaching years, I don't normally take breakfasts. My parents would often scold me for doing so. It might be because I'm always on a rush or I don't really have a big appetite early in the day. I just drink coffee and take my first meal by 10 am-12 noon. Kaya pala wala akong tiyan noon. Haha.

I figured that I can do this kind of lifestyle again. I'm now going on my 5th day as of this writing and I'm happy to note that I've been successful. I have observed that there has been a decrease in my hunger pangs or cravings already. I think I'm on the right track.

More about Intermittent fasting here > click!



Ang sarap ng panahon ngayon. This Amihan season is my favorite of all. I'm back going to mass in the morning, well at least, yesterday. I walked to the church without bringing an umbrella which is very unusual. My Mom offered a thanksgiving mass for her good health in general. Medyo na late ako sa mass because of my laundry, but I really had a nice time with my Mom, sis, and Aunties. We eventually walked to nearby McDonald's for brunch and more chit chat afterwards.


No comments: