Jan 8, 2019

Weekender 01: new year meet up and new specs

One of my best friends asked me last Christmas thru messenger if we could meet up on January 6 for some catch up.  I don't usually go out on weekends to avoid the crowd, but twice a year lang kami magkita, plus my son was in Baguio for the weekend, so I agreed. I'm her daughter's Ninang and we usually do this after Christmas for lunch out and gift giving. This was also my signal to dye my hair(last time was five months?) after days of procastination. I'm really too lazy to head to the salon. So I did it myself with a little help from my husband who was unwilling initially. Haha.



We agreed to see each other by 1 pm na nausog dahil flat tire yung gulong namin. My husband offered na ihatid ako, so we had it vulcanized first at the nearest shop from our village. In short, I arrived in Edsa Shangrila by close to 2pm. We ate at our favorite Mary Grace Cafe. We had hours of endless chit chat about what happened in our lives the past six months, she as a teacher plus masteral studies on Saturdays and I, as a domestic diva. 


Her life is a colorful one. Sobrang contrast namin sa attitude at mga pinagdaanan sa buhay pero nagkasundo kami. We've been friends since the time that we were neophyte teachers in our twenties, as young Moms, till today. Unfortunately, she's already legally  annulled and a single parent for many years now. But she's happy naman.

We bid goodbye by five o'clock and I rode the MRT to meet up with my husband at Vertis North. It was a smooth ride. I actually enjoyed it. I told him not to fetch me anymore to avoid the heavy traffic that he might come across with. From one mall to another mall's entrance lang din naman ako.

well lit Vertis North at night


We ate dinner at Wang Fu, after which, we went to nearby Own Days to buy a new set of reading glasses for me. I accidentally lost my old one(Own Days brand, too) yesterday when I went to the gym. I suspect that I lost it when I went down from the FX van  going home. I attended the anticipated Sunday mass still clueless that I lost it na pala.

Haist, new year, unexpected gastos. Thank you to my sponsor, my sweet hubby. :) 

175 grade with 50/50 Astigmatism

Own Days

Have a great week ahead!

No comments: