Feb 2, 2019

Intermittent Fasting conclusion


I attended another zumba session on Wednesday, again struggling with just water, coffee, banana and three spoonfuls of shredded sweet corn. Parang nabubusog agad ako. One thing I observed from this fasting was it curbed my appetite. Hindi ko na na-eenjoy kumain. Ang sad di ba?
On my sixth and seventh day, just when I felt I was successful, di ko na kinaya. By ten o'clock Thursday after dinner, I felt different na. I was dizzy but not the usual vertigo type followed by anxiety attack. I asked my husband to bring me to the ER at the nearest hospital. I was worried kasi na baka bagsak na ang potassium or blood sugar levels ko. To make the long story short, after blood extractions and lab tests were done, the results were fairly normal. My young Doctor advised me to take it slowly with my fasting. He cited himself as an example. Nag-IF din pala siya since July. It has wonderful results if you're successful according to him. He asked me about my activities, sabi nya though beneficial, I'm too active daw para mag-fasting. If I do, I should eat breakfast, lunch and in between and light dinner like veggie salad. My husband agreed with him. He even said I don't need to fast because I'm very religious with my workouts. Nasermunan pa ako. Haha.

I asked him(the doctor) how can I manage my anxiety attack and he replied, 'just proper breathing exercises'. Umatake ang nerbiyos ko sa dami ng worries ko. He just prescribed me with an anti-vertigo pill. I was released by two am, still dizzy. When we got home, I went to the bathroom and forced myself to throw up. Ayun, hindi ako natunawan. Indigestion was the culprit. Why? Because after that, I felt better. I ate a piece of boiled egg and swallow my pill and went to sleep.

I therefore conclude, IF isn't for me. I'm too hyperactive for it. I do zumba thrice to four times a week with working out twice a week on the side, apart from my daily household chores and some errands. I'll just stick to eating in  moderation and avoid over-indulging. Yes, IF isn't for everyone.


No comments: