Jan 14, 2019

Weekender 02: de-Christmastified, Mom's health and some shopping

Is there ever a word "de-Christmastify"? Well, I just invented it. :D

One word that will describe my Monday last week. I finally had the courage to undress my tree and washed it. Everything that will remind us of Christmas is already tucked away in their respective boxes and cabinets.



Putting up the tree by myself is sometime tedious. I would sometimes do it for two days. Tapos ako din lahat maglilinis at magtatabi come January. I jokingly told my husband, what if I don't put up one this December? He replied, "it's fine with me'. Kumagat naman. Boys or men really live in another planet.

On Tuesday, I was surprised when husband told me that he'll buy pots and plants for me at the garden center. Natuwa yata sa mga petsay ko na tanim which are thriving. :D

I mistakenly planted them close to each other. Okay lang for a beginner...
I bought two bags of garden soil, two big terracotta pots and two kinds of plants. I immediately re-potted some of my plants the moment we got home. This breezy amihan weather is the best time for gardening. Super relaxing!

I fell in love with this flowering plant unassumingly sitting  in one corner the moment I saw it. However, it has no fragrance. But aesthetically, she's beautiful! Bleeding hearts bloom in the spring. It thrives on a sunny but shaded part of the garden. Its soil must be moist all the time. I hope I won't 'kill' it.

bleeding hearts

I went to the gym last Wednesday and went around the mall afterwards. I couldn't resist buying a Forever 21 sun dress on sale at half the price. I thought it could be my birthday dress na rin.  

Finally, I bought a planner after two years. I've been writing on the blank pages of my old one. Sayang eh.


I will try to control myself from shopping the coming days. Not until my birthday in four months time.

On Thursday, my sis and I accompanied our Mom for a 2D echo exam. The doctor said she has a 'singaw' or air in one of her valves(heart). Blurry pa from her ECG. Results will be out next week. We hope for a favorable one, nothing that is alarming. She had an annual exam Tuesday and had her water retention on her foot treated also. The culprit was too much salt on her diet. Bawal muna canned goods, processed food and eating fast food, especially. We visited my youngest sis at the bank for some money matters afterwards and had halo-halo at the nearby Chowking to end our bonding.

On Saturday, I woke up with this longing to visit Baclaran-the church and  the  tiangges(night market like stalls) beside it. Initially, my plan was to go to the gym. I followed my cravings and rode the LRT to meet up with my husband who was there na earlier.


another hassle free ride! I enjoyed it


beautiful Christmas lanterns, lalo na siguro at night

wasn't able to attend the 9am mass 

so I just lighted candles and prayed fervently for my heart desires

At night, I met up with my Mom, Titas and siblings at the church for my Lola's death anniversary mass offering. It was regarded as an anticipated Sunday mass also.

Yesterday, I thought of baking some chocolate cupcakes; a sweet ending to a very productive week.



No comments: