Jan 2, 2020

Welcoming 2020

My son was in Baguio from Dec. 31 till January 2 with his friends so I opted not to cook anymore for the  New Year’s eve. Well, to be honest, it was more likely, I was too lazy to prepare just like what I did last Christmas. Over the years, I noticed kapag Pasko masipag pa ako mag-prepare and all, but come New year’s eve, medyo tinatamad na ako. This year we decided to just watch the fireworks in SM MOA and eat dinner na lang sa resto since it was just me and my husband. 




When we checked Waze before hitting the road, we learned that it will take one and half hrs. to go to MOA from our place. I thought traffic was light na pero we were wrong. My husband asked me if I want to go to Subic which is just one hour and forty five minutes from our home. No kidding. I was excited I said ‘yes!’ right away. We don’t have clothes for an overnight stay(I found out later that my husband had a few in the car because he bikes on Sundays and needed them for changing). Pero sabi ko nga di bale na may mall naman doon. 

caught the last sunset of 2019, Subic bay, Zambales

We went to Ayala Harbour point mall to buy clothes plus underwear. I only have an hour to purchase one. Para akong nasa Amazing race. Nakakainis kasi ayaw ko ng ganoon. :) I choose my clothes merticulously if I have time. I eventually bought sa Uniqlo on sale(from p1490 to p990). We then chose a room for an overnight stay using Agoda. We stayed at Cabin by The Subic Park Hotel. Pwede na, wala lang toothbrush at shared bathroom. We had to buy pa toiletries. We then headed to Gerry’s grill for dinner and eventually stayed there to wait for the countdown.



Calamares, Tokwa’t Baboy, Grilled Tuna belly 


The fireworks display in Subic doesn’t disappoint. It lasted for more than thirty minutes. Sulit! We were here din siguro mga 2011. Ang ganda, ganda, plus it wasn’t that crowded. 



The Crib band was surprisingly great with their performance. Bitin din kami.





No comments: