Jan 4, 2020

2020 Goals





This is an excerpt from my post last year. I specifically crossed out the ones that I was obviously able to accomplish.


For 2019, I want to accomplish the following with flying colors...
* save, save, save!
* travel to a dream destination on my 50th. locally, to a beach destination I've never been  to
* post regularly here on my blog(weekenders, not daily para mas achievable)
* buy a dining table or a lazy boy
* follow religiously a healthy diet
* more bonding with my Mom
* to be more tolerant with my husband and son
* be kind to myself(ok lang hindi perfect at times)
* attend a formal cooking/baking class
* minimize shopping for teacups, tableware :D

Saving up has always been a struggle. Sino ba hindi nahihirapan?😀 Again, I was able to save up a little, but it’s way below my expectations. Madami akong gastos lalo na nung after the death of my Mom. I don’t want to sound as having an excuse, but I noticed I was into buying things that I don’t usually do on ‘normal’ conditions early months after her death. I wasn’t able to buy a Lazy Boy, but we purchased an automatic Whirlpool washing machine in replacement. Malaking ginhawa siya for me. So, it’s good. Unexpectedly, our 11 yr. old Sony TV in the bedroom conked out last year, too. We bought a new one. Ayun na ang kapalit ng dining table. 

Regarding my diet, it was another failure. Again, my excuse was, “I exercise regularly three to four times a week in the last six months, why do I need to diet?”. When I say diet, it means staying away from unhealthy foods. Mahilig pa rin ako sa chichirya at umiinom pa rin occasionally ng softdrinks. I didn’t have my annual physical exam so I intend to get one this year. I am a work in progress when it comes to self-care, being moody and impatient. 2019 also marked the year that I didn’t bake much despite having a new top of the line gas range. Yes, I’m experiencing hot flashes na. Peri-menopause is real. I have frequent headache bouts which I don’t normally have in the previous years. 

By the turn of the decade, here are my goals...

  • travel again internationally
  • save up and stay away from shopping for clothes 
  • update regularly my blog
  • push my son to have his civil service exam
  • have my annual physical exam
  • de-clutter
  • buy a Lazy boy and a new airconditioner
  • continue with my exercise regimen
  • pursue a healthy diet
  • overcome my anxiety over worthless things or thoughts
  • be more charitable 



No comments: