Jan 21, 2020

Cafe 80’s

I thought I’m done reconnecting with friends over the holidays. You see, when my Mom died last April 2019, I wasn’t able to see them. After eight months, I came out of my unintentional self-imposed hiatus. I met most of them in different occasions last December.

Over group chat, my friends and I decided to meet up last Friday at Cafe 80’s in Scout Esguerra, QC. near ABS-CBN. I asked my husband to drive for me because I want to drink. He obliged naman and promised to fetch me afterwards. :D 

I bonded with three of my closest high school friends~my friend L, a pastor and an entrepreneur, is home currently from Vietnam, friend C works at a call center and friend V is on a consultancy job in mall operations. In the past, we would hang out over lunch in a resto, visit one’s home, dinner muna then head over sa comedy bar. This time around we thought of  hanging out in a resto cum bar that play 80’s music in the background. We decided to come early(7 pm) so that we could still chat for a long time and to avoid the crowd and parking problems. Tama yung judgement call namin. Walang hassles kaming na-encounter. 

The cafe’s space isn’t too big, but cozy enough. The crowd is mixed-meaning it’s affordable to everyone. As expected, the DJ  played 80’s hit songs all through out. The food was tasteful and satisfying. We ordered pizza, mix chicken pika-pika, pancit bihon and a pitcher of Zombie cocktail drink. Prices were reasonable and the staff was very efficient.

For a few hours, we were transported back to teenagers again and enjoyed the era where I believe is the golden age of pop music. To more chill nights like this!

No comments: