May 29, 2016

social life ignited part 1

For the last two weekends I've been reuniting with my friends. Mukhang na-miss nila ako. Of course, na-miss ko din sila. Haha. 

The past year, I chose to be on a 'hiatus mode' both in my social life, online and offline. Wala lang. I really have this side of me to shut the door once in a while. Parang I need time to think things over, that's why I distance myself. My social life on the latter part of last year was limited to just my family and extended family only. 


It started when I congratulated my godson on FB when he graduated in college last April. His Mom texted me and asked me if I'm available for a mini celeb. I readily accepted her invitation. It was a long overdue Wednesdate with my closest friend/Kumare at my former work place. She's now a public school teacher. It was a my/her birthday and graduation blowout celebrations rolled into one. We ate at Cafe Via Mare and had coffee and dessert at Seattle's Best Trinoma. We exchanged stories most about each other's family, politics and her experiences as a teacher in a public school. So when she tagged me with our pic on our last lunch date on FB, invitations came pouring in. Yes, it pays to be scarce sometimes. Haha. 

The next Friday, I met two of my HS barkada. We met at Fisher Mall in Q.C. over a Ramen and Tempura at Kokoryo Ramenya. I was so touched with how my friend V survived a bike accident October last year in her village. We both regard biking/cycling as a 'me time' hobby. She just missed a turn and accidentally made a bad fall in a gutter in their village on that fateful morning. She undergone surgery twice since a titanium plate was needed to be planted on her ankle for support. She admitted that she went on a stage of depression for two months, which is very understandable. Yung dating ginagawa mo bigla na lang hindi mo na magawa, sinong di malulungkot nun? I had similar experiences like that in the past. Good thing her family supported her all through out. Faith, determination to get well, and love from family were the basic ingredients that made fast track her recovery.

My other friend R, works at a government office with a good position as a Certified Public Accountant, is depressed din daw sometimes. Her husband is working in a hotel as a chef in Canada, while her daughter naman just accepted a job in a cruise ship last March. She's with her younger son na lang now. They are waiting for their papers to be processed and will be migrating to Canada soon. She also suspects that she's having menopausal symptoms na. Minsan daw masungit siya or depressed with no reasons at all. 

Admittedly, I miss these kind of conversations. Its like a support system. We affirm each other and somehow eases whatever sadness or hurtful experiences that one of us might be going or gone through. It might be all "girl talk" but I like to think that we all learn from each other's experiences. 

No comments: