May 11, 2016

Mayor Duterte's Miting de Avance

May 7, 2016

I won't be able to vote this coming Monday since I failed to have my biometrics checked during the registration period. I know I'm not a role model in terms of this civic duty. But this didn't stop me to be informed and keep track of the candidates this campaign season. We all should be. After all choosing our country's leader for the next six years is not an easy task.
As I've said in my past posts, it wasn't stressful for us who will be our choice. We go for Mayor Digong, just because we saw how he successfully governed Davao city for twenty years. I saw it with my own eyes, TWICE. May resibo sabi nga nila. I don't care how he speaks. Sabi nga nila madumi ang bibig niya but I just want an honest/clean government and a disciplined citizenry(which he promised to deliver) after experiencing six presidents in my lifetime. We all have our own  weaknesses and flaws. Plus, after thorough research like watching/listening/reading on his past interviews, I knew it is he who I wanted to lead our nation.


So, my small family of three trooped to Luneta...

Rizal monument with the awful photobomber

It was our first time to attend a Miting de Avance. My son and I agreed to just take the train and just meet my husband since he's in Manila na earlier this morning for work. Going back and forth won't be a good idea because heavy traffic is expected. All the presidential candidates are scheduled to have their own rallies today in different locations around Manila. We met at Robinson's Place Manila where our car was parked. After having our merienda at Isla cafe, we took a trike to get us to Luneta. This was our only choice if we didn't want to walk for at least a kilometer. Cars were already parked on the side streets, roads leading to the location were already clogged.

Occupy Luneta was the objective. A show of force by the Mayor's supporters...

at 5:30pm we can't see the stage anymore
A sea of people greeted us... 
and stayed till nightfall...


Mayor Duterte took the stage at around eight thirty and gave his much awaited speech to the crowd. He presented his platform of government as expected. We listened, applaud, and laughed with him.

Drones were hovering the skies the whole time we were there. When I went online(Twitter), I was surprised how we looked up in the sky...


About 700 thousand Filipinos(even foreigners) went out and supported him!


I just wish this will be translated into votes come Monday- election day!

No comments: