May 8, 2016

Mom's day 2016


Last year, we celebrated it in Baguio and I enjoyed it a lot. If I could have it my way, I would really wanna spend it again the same way. I have valid reasons for these- it's summer, it coincides with my son's birthday, cooking on a hot summer day is doubly stressful(as well as prepping the house), and restaurants are always packed to the brim. Need I say more? Malamang yung mga Moms sa halip na masaya sa araw na ito, maimbyerna. Haha. 

But this year would be different. My husband and son will vote the day after so we need to stay home. It isn't our habit too to spend the holiday on a weekend since resorts and hotels are fully booked during this peak season. We usually schedule our quick getaways on weekdays. One more reason was we vowed to attend presidential candidate Mayor Duterte's Miting de Avance in Luneta. So, talagang hindi ko na ipinaglaban yung lakwatsa. LOL. 


For a Mom like me, all I wanted is a day off. A day when we can halt our daily activities and relax and 'recharge like batteries'. Ayun nga ang ginawa ko, after my usual morning chores, I watched tv and rested the rest of the afternoon in our air conditioned bedroom. It was so humid today, as in I had a headache. Usually, I don't like staying in a cold room for a long time. Mawala lang ang humidity, sinasara ko na ang air conditioner. I prefer electric fans, still.

Just like what I expected, Shakey's Mindanao Avenue was full packed at 7:30 pm. We waited in line(6th) to get a table. Good thing, service was swift, food were prepared and came on time and lastly, it tasted the way it has to be. Even though they catered to lots of diners tonight, they did fine.

our usual faves-Manager's choice, chicken, mojos, meatball spaghetti and strawberry milkshake
We dropped by my Mom's afterwards and greeted her complete with my simple gift- a silk sleepwear. 

I'm thankful for today- a simple celebration with my loved ones. Basta with family and we are all healthy, kahit wherever and however, it doesn't matter.

If God permits, I still want to celebrate our joint celebrations(Mother's day and my son's birthday) on a quick getaway or hotel staycation again next year.

Happy Mother's day to all the Moms and motherlike figures out there! :)

No comments: