Aug 3, 2015

How not to spend much for an event

For girls/women only

Sometimes the worry in showing up in a party or an event are the preparations that goes with it, lalo na for an anti-social like me. Nakakatamad. Plus, the thought of spending is impractical most of the time since it's just for a few hours of socializing and you have to spend for everything from head to toe. At my previous alumni homecoming, I successfully pulled it through.

Here are some of my budget moves:

  • If your face is generally clean, meaning no pimples or unwanted white/blackheads, don't go for a facial anymore. You'll be able to save at least p500 for this.
  • Do your own manicure and pedicure or foot scrub. I regularly(once in two weeks) do this so I have my own tools here at home. No gastos.
  • Do your own make-up. I just had my eyebrows trimmed at the neighborhood salon for p20. No need to go to Browhaus for this which will cost you p400-500. Promise, ang laki ng nagagawa ng tamed eyebrows. Sometimes minimal make-up and red lipstick will do basta well-groomed ang brows mo.
  • Look for an old classic LBD- little black dress somewhere in your closet. I'm happy I was able to keep it thru the years and it still fits. After eighteen years, I got to wear it in our Alumni Homecoming. Yes, the reward of not gaining too much weight. Hashtag don't hate me. Haha.
  • Make sure you have the basic black/beige pumps or strappy heels tuck in your cabinet. Ito yung mga panahon na kailangan mo sila. At this point, no need to buy.
  • For bags, I keep at least two basic ones too for occasions like these, both in plain black and beige color. 
  • Style your hair if the occasion doesn't require you a fancy updo. I invested on my own tools like the hair dryer, hair iron, spray net and mousse. In the long run, I'm able to save up for this salon services which could cost me hundreds or a thousand pesos. One tip: don't use conditioner on THE DAY itself so that you could easily style your hair.
  • For accessories, I don't use too much of it. I find it 'kalat' only in my dresser and too seasonal. Don't get me wrong, I used to buy them also. Now that I'm older, I had a paradigm shift. I believe in the 'less is more' mantra. It would be great if you invest in your own set of real jewelry instead little by little. A pair of pearl earrings or diamond studs will always be a lifesaver.
  • Lastly, plan ahead. Time management is the key. Make sure to allot ample time for you to prepare days before the event to avoid panic. List it down on your calendar. Minsan dahil sa kakulangan sa oras, you will end up buying things or spending on services and things that somehow you could have done and save up on. 

I was successful the last time, no doubt that you can do it too. 
Good luck!

No comments: