Aug 5, 2015

Eat Bulaga's Aldub Kalyeserye

image from the net

For almost a month now, my husband and I are currently hooked with Eat Bulaga's(local noon time show) phenomenal loveteam Alden Richards and Yaya Dub. Alden Richards is a local boy next door actor and Yaya Dub is Maine Mendoza, known as the Dubsmash Queen of the Philippines. Their team up was accidental and they haven't seen each other yet in person.

I've followed and liked Alden since last year from his Carmela and Ilustrado portrayals. A year older than my son, I've always thought this boy has got it all to be a star. He'll have his own time to shine for sure. Nakalimutan ko na si John Lloyd actually because of him. Haha. Maine, is definitely a fresh face as a newcomer because of her perky personality. I would later found out that she's a co-blogger(www.mainemendoza.com), too. And for a twenty year old, she's very articulate. Instant fan ako. I see in her my former students na sobrang simple though came from a well-off family yet, low profile.

Although I've been watching the noontime show since I was a kid(36 yrs. running, the longest in local TV), this segment is an icing on the cake na ika nga. Jose, Wally and Paolo are all hilarious, too. When I was teaching, I wasn't able to keep up since I was out but I manage to take a peep during Saturdays. Plus, my husband(his work hours are flexible) na nakakapanood keeps me updated. He's such a fan that together with our son, sis-in law and family were able to catch them live in the studio about 10 years ago na yata. Siyempre, hindi ako nakasama dahil busy nagtuturo sa bata.

with Paolo Ballesteros then...

And wait, there's more. He even bought this years back...

EB's coffee table book

Nakakakilig at nakakatanggal ng stress the fact that they do this by split screen only provided by the program. It's a welcome change from other pa-cute and scripted love teams we have here in the Philippines, which actually made me stopped watching local movies in their theater runs for a loooong time na. We always feel that going thru traffic and paying p200+ isn't worth it. I'm sorry, but that's how we feel from our end. 

Back to Aldub(Alden and Yaya Dub), their Kalyeserye(street episodes) everyday always top Twitter locally in terms of trending and sometimes, worldwide. It means a lot of people are watching and at the same time tweeting about them. Yes, they are undoubtedly THAT popular. 




So famous, that when I recently dined in a restaurant(name witheld purposely) to give in to my Chicken Noodles craving, the crew was also eagerly and kiligly watching the show through their cellphone tv.



Ok lang sa akin yan. Dalawa lang naman kaming customer. Para sa Aldub, I'm a kunsintidora like that. 

No comments: