Aug 23, 2015

Accident

After visiting my Mom and sis from a nearby village, I drove to the nearest SM Hypermart for a quick grocery trip today. 



It was a breezy drive. Not much people on the road since it's a Sunday and patay na oras at 3:30 pm. Just when we're about to turn left(a Subaru SUV was in front of me) for the entrance, a motorcycle tried to overtake us. Take note, naka- signal light pa kami ha. If you're an educated motorist alam mo na dapat what to do when you're the one tailing other vehicles. You should reduce your speed and YIELD. Just when the SUV was about to turn,the motorcycle hit the left side of his vehicle. In an instant, the riders were thrown off because of the impact. The two men hit the bangketa, buti na lang may helmet yung driver. 

stopped and took this shot when I was about to go home. andoon pa rin sila

Sensing that they were okay since nakatayo agad sila at nakalabas yung driver ng SUV from his vehicle, I immediately drove out of the scene. Hindi na ako nag-usyoso since the Hypermart guards were quick enough to respond. While handing me over my parking ticket, the guard even mused, "wala kasing pakundangan mag-drive yang mga naka-motor na yan eh." This doesn't apply to everyone, but I couldn't agree more on many occasions. 

I was even on a similar accident about twelve years ago. A motorbike rider slammed on my car's rear side at a U-turn slot along Congressional avenue. Naka-signal light ako and buti na lang mabagal na. He thought that I wasn't making a U-turn daw. Hello? Inner lane at naka-signal light, didiretso pala? Good thing my son and I were wearing seat belts(as always). I ended up getting worried and asking the rider if I could bring him to the nearby hospital for a check-up. He apologized and told me that he's fine. But I couldn't helped feeling guilty kahit alam kong hindi ko naman ako ang may kasalanan.

closer

I felt disoriented while shopping because a lot of items on my list I forgot to buy. Imagine, I could be the one who in that accident. Always be alert and wear your seat belts, no matter how short or long your trip is. Prevention is better than cure.

Thank you, Lord for guiding me at all times.

No comments: