Aug 18, 2015

Colorfy App



Adult coloring books are the rage now. This is successful because maybe a lot of adults are really stressed. Lalo na dito sa Pilipinas. Paglabas mo pa lang ng gate mo ma-stress ka na. Traffic, lack of road discipline and simple garbage problem bubulaga sa iyo. I salute kung sino man ang nakaisip ng Adult coloring books. It is really a great way of de-stressing. 


I remember when I was teaching, some of our students at the end of the school year will forget to bring home their coloring books(we ask them to bring one for their Art class). Some of us teachers would color those untouched pages in our spare time just for fun or most of the time recycle them as visual aids for the upcoming school year. Back when I was a kid too, this is one of my fave activities aside from reading books, comics and drawing structures like buildings and houses. Little did I know, magagamit ko rin pala sa teaching.

When I saw online that there is such a thing as a Colorfy App, I downloaded it immediately on Itunes. It's free, anyway. Adult coloring books is priced at p495(about $10) in bookstores. Doon muna ako sa libre.

It was easy navigating through the app. You choose one from an array of artworks from animals, flowers, famous paintings, exotic arts, mandalas and more.



 These are my initial artworks. Pindot here, pindot there...


Inspired, I chose a more complex one next...


Tadaaan...

Though nothing beats the real thing, it was indeed relaxing. Wala kang iisipin na lagpas, lagpas. Try it, too. Nakakaubos ng oras while waiting or kung ayaw mo makipagusap sa gym while on the treadmill o kapag nasa party ka at bored. Haha.

No comments: