Sep 28, 2018

Hello, once again

Yes, I know I’ve neglected this site once again. Ang dami nang nangyari from my last post but nothing major naman. My life is so routinary so you can imagine kung ano man yung kinukwento ko from my past posts, it doesn't have that much difference. Lol.



It’s almost 2019 and I can’t wait. Ang bilis ng panahon! Here’s a quick rundown from the last few months that I was in absentia here...
  • I’m thankful that my family are healthy in general, meaning no one is suffering from any major illness, except from the occasional colds and cough, or blood pressure issues. 
  • My Mom just spent her 77th birthday a week ago. We gave her an asalto where I cooked some dishes for her(Chicken curry, Sinigang na Hipon) as my contribution for the potluck dinner. Two of my siblings(sis and brother) treated her to a buffet dinner at Barbara’s restaurant in Intramuros on the day of her birthday after hearing mass at San Agustin church. My other sis and I couldn’t go because of sked concerns. Last Saturday, she treated us naman at Chowking for dinner. 
  • My sis in law and nephew came home for a two week vacation from Seattle, USA early this month. Because of this, we always have occasional family dinners (and lunch outs) for them here at our compound.


  • Though I’m a few more pounds shy away from my ideal weight, I’m happy that I was able to go back to my exercise routine and maintain it, which I failed to do during the first quarter of this year. I wish I could continue it till the year ends. Sticking to a healthier diet is another story. I really need extra prayers and self-control to be successful. Bakit kasi ang hirap?! Pre-menopausal concerns perhaps? 

  • My son started to work on another animation company again. God bless him in this new endeavor.
  • I had a lunch date with my High school friends last August because our friend R has migrated to Canada already. She worked at Pag-ibig for fifteen years but she needed to give it up for this new life with her family in North America. Ang taas na ng posisyon niya and she liked her job that much, but with a heavy heart kailangan niya mag-choose in the end- career or family.
Teatime after a sumptuous lunch at Thai Original barbecue, Vertis North

dessert at Cafe Breton, Trinoma
  • One of my closest friend’s daughter had her debut party first week of August. I wasn’t able to attend because of flood build up a few hours before the party due to the non-stop monsoon rains. Minsan na lang ako magkaroon ng social life na-ca-cancel pa. Good thing my friend understood her guests' plight. Ang daming hindi na nakapunta.
  • Our 25 year old gas range has been showing its old state na. I’m afraid we need to replace it soon. I miss baking. We’ve been eyeing for an Elba brand and yes, it’s quite pricey but nothing is final yet; though I really need to decide na especially the Christmas holidays are fast approaching already which is the peak season for baking.
  • I still go to church regularly on Sundays, though I get upset whenever the priest would incorporate political issues in his sermon. I wish they would stick to the Bible’s good news na lang and how we could apply it to our everyday lives as good Christians.
  • My desire to buy additional pieces for my small china collection  was put into a halt, thankfully. One day, I just muted all those Instagram accounts that I follow. In that way, they wouldn't be visible on my timeline that often. Ganun lang kadali, nawalan ako bigla ng gana. I hope this would continue till the end of the year. 
my Royal Abert Old country roses collection, few more to be able to complete this set
  • Looking back, I realized just like last year, wala pa akong masyadong naiipon. This makes me sad because I was really bent on saving up because I have a big travel goal next year. Pero madaming anonymous na gastos. Minsan sobrang higpit na ng kapit mo sa wallet mo pero biglang may kailangan pagkagastusan. Though nothing major, when you add them all up, it really makes a dent on your budget or financial goal. It doesn't help too that there's an increase regarding the prices of basic commodites nowadays due to inflation. 
I’m not the type to wallow on what-could-have-beens. I‘m still feeling positive for the next three months that I will be able to achieve my goals this 2018. Tiwala lang. *wink*

No comments: