Sep 30, 2018

Gluten free diet

My husband is back to eating rice{instead of bread} again even during breakfast. I told him to try the gluten free diet after suffering from bloating, indigestion and sometimes rashes whenever he eats which made him lost a considerable amount of weight in the past year. I was stressed too whenever he suffers because sometimes I feel guilty because I'm the one in charge with regards to our meals. So I tried researching online. Good thing I'm very much aware of diets because I'm into fitness and wellness myself. 


My favorite tennis player Novak Djokovich is known also for his gluten free diet. It was said that since he started having this kind of diet, his flexibility improved. I got curious and researched about it. Thanks to Google and Instagram's hashtags. A lot of people especially Americans are into it na pala, especially those who are diagnosed with Celiac disease. I found out too, that Filipino food like rice, is naturally gluten free. Buti na lang! Yung mga kakanin like suman, biko, sapin sapin, puto, cassava cake pati camote at banana cue ay gluten free din.

He needs to avoid bread, pasta, pizza- all of which are flour based. Plus, food made up of barley, rye and wheat- oats, soups, cereals, sauces, and beer. Food with soy sauce should be avoided also. Buti na lang sa tinapay, pasta at pizza lang siya mag-a-adjust. The others, he's naturally not into it.

We're so thankful and glad that we traced the root cause of his problem! As Hippocrates once said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”. This I believe even before.



*More about the Gluten free diet here... click!

No comments: