May 15, 2018

let’s talk about collecting


Collecting things will make you happy. It is a want, not a need. You sometimes tell yourself ,“I deserve these” after working so hard. Do you agree?

remaining. a few have been bought
I was never into collecting material things. Till I started this teacup collection of mine in 2015. I've always been fascinated with precious china ever since I was a child. I love looking at them instead of dolls(or make-up) compared to my two sisters. I couldn't explain why. Ganoon yata ako ka-domesticated. :D

I have been reducing my teacup collection for three weeks now by selling them online. It's quality over quantity for me now. I came to a decision to just complete the set for at least three of my favorites in my collection -that means buying a Teapot which is really expensive in my standards. I will use the money I earned from re-selling eventually.

Hindi naman ako nagmamadali. I still know my priorities. Minsan iniisip ko, it would be practical if I bought a piece of jewelry instead(same reason why I only have three Pandora charms still after three years since my husband gave it to me), or an airplane ticket or I invested it on other things. This crossed my mind too-paano pag namatay ako ngayon kanino mapupunta ito? I don’t have a daughter. My husband and son will surely cringe with just a thought of using them. Money gone to waste? Hmmm...

That's why I always use my precious china(and occasionally post pics on Instagram) because I'll never know. We only live once. I buy them to enjoy and savour my teatime instead of looking at them in the cabinet. I don't adore them like they are holy images. I don’t intend to label them as just “dust collectors” until a major earthquake turns them into pieces. Oh, God forbid!

No comments: