May 11, 2018

unico hijo’s 25th and Blake's Wings and Steaks


It was a special day for the sole reason why I became a Mom. I will always mention this trivia about him: I gave birth to him on Mother's day. Very fitting right?  I started last year on giving him a birthday card complete with my personal dedication/wishes/blessings. Being a self-confessed old soul, I wrote it for his eyes only not for the social media to see. I don't greet him also on Facebook like what most do now. I just post pics for souvenir(and to unload my phone's gallery). I'm not against it, I just feel it's not me when I do that. If others do it, I simply respect their choice. To each his own, right? Choose happy.

We had a lunch date at this new resto in SM, Blake's Wing and Steaks. I always observe that a lot of people are eating here when I pass by in going to the gym. After that little lunch 'mishap' from my last birthday, I thought it's worth a try. Plus, my boys are carnivorous. They will surely agree.

fall off to the bones tenderness Hickory Pork ribs

T-Bone for the birthday boy. he was satisfied with the taste and tenderness of the meat

dessert for the birthday boy, this was surprisingly yummy! can  be shared
The next day, I asked one of or staff(Ate A) to cook pancit good for 15-17 people. I love her Pancit and I can't cook that much. Baka mabali na braso ko. 

Ang dami! worth p300 lang. thanks Ate A! :D

Birthday spread at home the next day
For my part, I prepared fruit salad the day before. I just cooked menudo and fried chicken for viands. I bought Rocky road ice cream also with sugar cones in addition to the fruit salad for dessert. We shared everything to our small office staff and to my Mom and siblings.

No comments: