Feb 21, 2016

after twenty five years

Last Thursday, I got the chance to reunite with my College buddies. I was invited by our balikbayan classmate thru FB. She's currently based in New York and wants us to meet at Crisostomo Filipino resto in Blue Bay Macapagal in Pasay city by 7pm. It's a lil bit far from our place, but I didn't hesitate to go because I thought it would be nice to see them once again. My husband drove for me. I invited him to join us since he know them, too. Buthe insisted that he'll go biking around MOA na lang daw muna. We planned to get there early(5pm) to avoid the rush hour traffic. Good thing, it was a breeze. Walang stress. 

We decided to hit the Mall first to kill time. We chose to eat merienda first. Coffee and Antonio's bibingka. I think the rice cake is too pricey for its taste. The best pa rin ang Via Mare for me.




I was able to grab a dress from Penguin on sale. I was so excited because it's also perfect for summer. 




Back to the reunion, my former classmates and I finally met. It was good seeing them after so many years, although two of them came late( 9pm and 10pm! ), we had a great time catching up. Our balikbayan friend J is currently working as a staff on an accounting firm and is still single, W is a High school teacher in public, Ja is a lawyer in the Dept. of Agrarian reform, M is selling lots, jewelry and on T-shirt printing business and E is an owner of a cafe already in Cavite. 

Pareho talaga yung mga kinukwento ng mga balikbayan. In the States, pag work, work. Gusto ng Americans ang Filipinos for employees because they're industrious. Minsan two or three jobs pa sila. Pero may kapalit naman ang kasipagan nila, you're compensated very well. Yes, after twenty five years we're glad that we are accomplished individuals in our own right. We may have started as History major education students pero we will never really know what the future holds. My husband joined later in the night. Our great eve ended at 12 midnight. 

No comments: