Feb 6, 2019

Sunday shopping and Cafe Via Mare

As I've mentioned in this post, one of my goals this year is to have more bonding time with my Mom. She is 77 years old and still healthy but we all know what old age means. I lost my Daddy almost ten years ago to Liver cancer after four months of going in and out of the hospital and up to this day we all miss him so much. The void that he left in our lives is irreplaceable. That was an eye opener for all of us. Life is short, we should live our lives not only to be happy, but with meaning or purpose. Life becomes meaningful when we give a part of ourselves, be it tender loving care or our precious time to others.



My sister sent me a message that my Mom will have her hair haircut at the salon in the mall and will go shopping afterwards. I agreed and told her that I'll just meet up with them later in the afternoon. I need to cook lunch for my boys first. 

I arrived early so I went at the beauty counter and looked for a press powder and lipstick. I've been reading some reviews online for a few days na so I somehow know what to get already. The Infallible Lipstick was a good buy. It is true that this one has a staying power even after drinking or eating. It doesn't chap my lips unlike my Mac Ruby Woo. 


My Mom celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary last Tuesday, Feb. 5. She offered a mass of Thanksgiving for her and my Dad's soul. She visited him at the memorial park afterwards. She wanted a new blouse that will go with the occasion. We were able to fit at least three floral patterned and three-fourth sleeves kind, before she decided to buy the "most fairest of them all". We passed by the swimwear section and my Mom  chose to buy na rin her swimming attire for this summer. She's that excited because it will be her first time to visit this destination that we've booked ahead this March.



Since Via Mare is famous for Filipino food and was located just the same level of the Women's clothing department, we all agreed to have our merienda there afterwards. My Mom and Tita wouldn't be required to walk too far just to eat.



My Mom and Tita ordered for Chicken and Goto Arroz Caldo, while my sis ordered Cafe Mocha and Pandesal with Laguna cheese(not in pic).



Since I didn't eat much during lunch time and I'm not into fasting anymore, I ordered Garlic rice and Spicy Tuyo, one of my many favorites here. My appetite is back kaya pang breakfast na merienda ang in-order ko. Oh how I missed it. Ang sarap!



No comments: