Oct 4, 2018

Texas Joe's House of Ribs Subic and Cafe France Caltex


We want to deviate from our usual resto picks, so we googled the best eats in Subic. We chose Texas Joe's House of Ribs and Steak, a saloon type of resto near the Harbour front.



love their interiors, true to their theme
On the table...
for my soup lover  husband...

yummy Clam chowder p179.00

Beef brisket steak( slow smoked Angus beef)
I love that the beef was tender and well-seasoned. Those are the only criteria that I look for in steaks because I confess, unlike my boys, I'm not really a fan. Their side dishes are to commendable too; mashed potato was very flavorful and the garlic topped beans were very crunchy to taste. Prices were reasonable, waitresses were very attentive and cordial; looks like will be coming back soon with our son.

We went to the Duty free shop afterwards to grab some groceries and at the Nike depot to kill time before heading home. This time we didn't find anything interesting at the depot. Himala yun sa akin(Miraculous) being a Nike fan.


We stopped for a quick merienda at Cafe France in Caltex San Fernando along North Expressway. I must say this is the worst branch I've been to. Ang daming unavailable sa menu, the Americano coffee tasted bleh and there were a few flies hoveriing around while we dine. Not coming back again.

We had a KFC take-out for dinner  sealed this quick blissful getaway from the hustle and bustle of our city life. 

No comments: