Oct 15, 2018

hubby’s birthday 2018

My son can’t go with us because he is competing in a tournament(E-sports) so it was just me and husband for this birth date. He had to leave early morn after greeting his Tatay. We planned to go out of town but changed our minds, eventually. 

I bought choco fudge cake from Goldilock’s the night before without him knowing...


I love how when my husband’s face lighten up whenever I surprise him. The cake was tasty, moist and sweet.

To be honest, we didn’t plan anything. My husband is most of the time spontaneous when it comes to his birthday celebs. In our family, I’m the planner. Kung birthday ko yan matagal ko nang na plano yan- where or how. According to my husband, men or boys are like that- they don’t give too much attention on occasions like their birthdays, unlike girls na dapat bongga. Haha.

We headed to Powerplant Mall for a change. Trinoma and SM are too crowded for us on a Sunday. Back then, when Manila traffic was still bearable even on a weekday, this was our favorite mall. It isn’t too crowded, not that huge na nakakapagod libutin plus almost everything we need is just right here. 

We chose Wooden Spoon for lunch.



On the table...

squid w/ chili, yum!

Beef Kare-kare was good though it isn't photogenic

We headed to the cinemas to catch “The Star is born”. My husband likes Lady Gaga, so it was a perfect movie date for us.  The movie was fine but medyo na-bo-bore lang ako sa ganung type of films. I just thought it was too long. But one thing I can’t forget was Powerplant’s popcorn. It was the best I had in recent years!

No comments: